“(The South Madison Partnership) brings the Wisconsin Idea into the community in a very comfortable and welcoming way.”Fabu Carter, Wisconsin Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Bring together UW–Madison groups and programs that are already working with the South Madison community
- Build, promote, and host community-based learning courses
- Work with community partners to engage the community in a space that is more accessible and open to meeting community needs
- Build on community strengths to create new equitable, mutually-beneficial partnerships for long-term positive impact
- Act as a gateway to the greater UW–Madison campus
In the News
As the partnership enters its fourth year, use of the physical space is at an all-time high, new offerings abound and the number of collaborations with community organizations continues to grow
Afterschool Expeditions, a popular science program in which elementary and middle school students engage in hands-on activities, has expanded to the South Madison Partnership.
A survey of alumni from the Odyssey Project - housed in UW's South Madison Partnership space - found that 70 percent say their experience in the program increased their children’s interest in attending college, and 86 percent say it had a major effect on their ability to support their children in school.