“(The South Madison Partnership) brings the Wisconsin Idea into the community in a very comfortable and welcoming way.”Fabu Carter, Wisconsin Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Bring together UW–Madison groups and programs that are already working with the South Madison community
- Build, promote, and host community-based learning courses
- Work with community partners to engage the community in a space that is more accessible and open to meeting community needs
- Build on community strengths to create new equitable, mutually-beneficial partnerships for long-term positive impact
- Act as a gateway to the greater UW–Madison campus
In the News
As the South Madison Partnership marks its seventh anniversary in 2022, it's also celebrating the official opening of its new, larger space. Some partner organizations have been with SMP since the start; others have begun using the expanded space more recently.
Community members met with UW–Madison program representatives — and even Bucky Badger — at the South Madison Community Partnership event held in Villager Mall on Sept. 12, 2019.
A survey of alumni from the Odyssey Project - housed in UW's South Madison Partnership space - found that 70 percent say their experience in the program increased their children’s interest in attending college, and 86 percent say it had a major effect on their ability to support their children in school.